T-shirt printing is just what it says it is, printing on a t-shirt. This can be a design, lettering, image, etc. It can be printed on the t-shirt using one of three different methods. Each has its pros and cons so which method you use is up to you. When doing custom shirt printing, make sure that you are using good quality t-shirts and the right ink to give you quality prints.
This method uses a heat press machine that will essentially melt the design onto a t-shirt. This is a popular choice for younger entrepreneurs because the press and materials are more cost-effective than the other methods. The design will be printed on a special heat transfer paper. This is known as a transfer vinyl, which is then placed on top of the t-shirt. The t-shirt is placed in the machine and the lid is lowered to melt the design into the t-shirt permanently.
- Gives you high-quality prints
- Little to no mess involved
- Works great with few-colored and full-colored designs
- If you do not do the custom tshirt printing heat transfer incorrectly, the designs could fade and crack quickly.
- It can become expensive to do high volume and time consuming
- Has a fairly intensive learning curve
This one is the one that is most commonly used and most popular. One of the reasons that it is so popular is the quality product it produces. The inks that are used are thicker than other techniques giving you a longer-lasting product with more vibrant colors.
- The ink quality is better giving you a longer-lasting, premium custom shirt printing.
- For high-volume orders, it is very cost-effective.
- This type of printing makes it easier to print hundreds of t-shirts in a short amount of time.
- It is compatible with most fabrics.
- To use this type of printing, you have to have a large work area, so it is not ideal for a home business.
- It can take a long to set up when you have designs with different colors.
- You will need more money upfront to purchase the ink and equipment but in the long run, it is cheaper.
Direct to garment (DTG)
This is the newest method for custom t-shirt printing. It involves using inject technology so you can directly print the design onto the t-shirt. This results in high-quality t-shirts with a smooth feel and accurate colors. You can print about any design you can think of.
- You can print very intricate designs with any color limits
- Workflow is less messy
- Shorter set-up time
- Ink is injected directly into the fabric
- This is a method that is best suited for cotton t-shirts. It will work on other fabrics, but the color will not be as vivid
- The printers can be expensive
- The printers require a good amount of upkeep
- Over time, the colors may appear faded
Which of these three t-shirt printing methods you use will depend on what type of business you want to have, a home business or one that is large-scaled and worked out of an office or large workspace? You can visit here to know about the abovethenews. On the other hand, you can also get more essential info on dbfile. Here is the best news portal thoughtco where you can get the latest news around the world.