It’s not exaggerated to say that transport is the engine of the Australian economy. Transport and logistics are key activities that fall under the tertiary sector. They act as an interconnection between all other economic sectors. It makes it easier for goods to be traded by removing any obstacles between domestic and international commerce. You can now ship merchandise all around the globe using many different methods. To satisfy the main concerns of safety, speed and dependability as well as cost-effectiveness, it is necessary to comply with international standards like ISO certification.
1. Why Is ISO Certification Required In The Logistics & Transport Industry
Transport and logistics are two of the most dangerous sectors. Transporting the product from point of production to point of consumption requires coordination and participation by many participants in the supply chain. This creates a lot of anxiety about the economy and the security of logistical services. All of these qualities can only be guaranteed by internationally recognized standards. The time to get ISO certification in India is now. Customers will be convinced by an ISO symbol that the services provided by the logistics company are compliant with international standards.
2. What Role Does ISO Certification Have In The World Of Logistics And Transport?
ISO standards make it easier for transportation and logistics companies to operate efficiently. This can be felt at every stage of the supply chain.
- The ISO standards play an important role in the connectivity between customs ports, railway networks and rail networks.
- The ISO certification standards are a similar approach to the creation of an efficient system that will allow connectivity between the airfreight cargo transport network and the road transportation networks.
- ISO certification allows for a higher level of proficiency when it comes to the delivery of shipments.
- ISO standards can be a powerful tool that ensures efficiency and collaboration across the entire inventory network. A company that specializes in logistics can be certified by ISO to guarantee the interlinking of shipping companies, custom ports and final customers.
3. Which ISO Certification Standards Are Appropriate To A Company That Deals In Logistics
Many ISO Management System standards have been developed with the transport and logistics industry in view. The ones listed below are those that are best suited to the Transport and Logistics sector.
1. Convention ISO/Tc 104
When developing the standard for the Management System, Freight Holders were taken into account. It contains detailed information about shipping containers, including their dimensions and capacity, as well as how to load and unload cargo.
2. The ISO 9001 Standard For Quality Management
This certification will prove that your logistics services are focused on client satisfaction and provide consistent, high-quality service. This comprehensive ISO Standard helps increase productivity and improves the efficiency of the supply chain.
3. The Environmental Management System Based On ISO 14001
You can use the ISO 14001 Standard to help you evaluate, screen, and reduce the negative effects your logistics activities have on the environment. Responsible management of natural resources and trash can improve your company’s image. You can avoid any potential problems by doing this. This will help you not only grow your customer base but also allow you to identify new ways of cutting costs.
4. ISO 22301:2011 This Document Outlines The Requirements Of Business Continuity Management
ISO 22301 is the important ISO certification standard for business continuity systems. It covers both improving service delivery and managing crises. It will help you supply services on schedule and within budget and will show your customers that you can turn potential risks into profit, despite the difficult conditions.
These ISO Management System standards are highly recommended for companies involved in transport and logistics.
If you have any questions regarding the process of getting ISO certification for Logistics Company in Australia, please don’t hesitate to contact us at bestpractice.biz.