The Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows is a device that allows you to connect up to four wireless Xbox 360 controllers to your PC or laptop. This allows you to play games on your computer using the same controllers you use on your Xbox 360 console.
The receiver connects to your computer via USB, and it uses the same wireless technology as the Xbox 360 console. You will need to install the appropriate drivers on your computer to use the receiver, which can be downloaded from the Microsoft website.
Once you have installed the drivers and connected the receiver to your computer, you can sync your Xbox 360 controllers to the receiver using the sync button on both the controller and the receiver. After syncing, your controllers will work on your computer just like they do on your Xbox 360 console.
Note that the Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows is not compatible with the Xbox One controller or the newer Xbox Series X|S controllers. If you want to use those controllers on your computer, you will need a different adapter.
Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver driver Windows 11
The Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver driver for Windows 11 is available on the Microsoft website.
Here are the steps to download and install the driver:
- Go to the Microsoft Xbox 360 Accessories website
- Scroll down to the “Software & Drivers” section.
- Click on the “Download” button to download the driver for your Windows 11 operating system.
- Once the driver is downloaded, run the installer and follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
- After the installation is complete, connect the Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver to your Windows 11 PC via USB.
- Press the “Connect” button on the receiver, and then press the “Connect” button on your Xbox 360 Wireless Controller to sync the two devices.
Once the controller is synced, you should be able to use it to play games on your Windows 11 PC. Note that not all games are compatible with the Xbox 360 controller, so you may need to check the game’s requirements before playing.