Do you have a great idea for a new sports brand? Are you sick of seeing the same old brands dominate the market? If so, read on to learn how to launch your own sports brand. We’ll share some tips on how to get started, and we’ll also let you know what to do once your brand is up and running. So what are you waiting for? Start planning your sports brand today!
1) The first thing you need to do when launching a new sports brand is figure out who its target audience actually is. Ask yourself some questions like “what kind of athlete would be the dream face of the product?”. That way you could focus on making products that bring that to life instead of trying something generic for everyone – which wouldn’t work at all, not when you’ve got mega-brands like Nike and Adidas covering that market!
2) Define your core message/value proposition (MVVP). What will make people want more from your product or service? Who are these customers and how can we reach them? What do they actually want from us and how does our brand fulfil this? A good sports marketing agency can help you nail this messaging.
3) Your brand is what you make of it! Create a strong visual identity that will be memorable and easily recognizable. This should always focus on the audience you want to reach, as stated in point 1 – there’s no point creating a visual identity that the audience cannot identify with. Leave your own taste preferences out of it.
Here are some great brands who have nailed their identity:
Online Personal Training – Sarah Stevenson
Weights Sets – Factory Weights
Sports Apparel – GymShark
4) With the tough life of products in the sports industry, it is essential to ensure that your product is built to last. Make sure you offer high-quality goods and meet customer expectations by providing reliable items with features they love, that won’t need to be constantly replaced!
5) Be sure to use platforms like Twitter, Facebook, TikTok and Instagram to build your presence. Post regularly so you can reach a large audience quickly – be engaging with followers by posting interesting content or reposting news stories from sport sites within your niche! Sign up to premium content to get a deep knowledge – exclusive rugby news by RugbyPass+ or premium football journalism from the Athletic, for example. This will help you create the best and most engaging social media content. Utilise direct mail campaigns, SEO, PPC, email marketing and any other channels that will give you access to your audience.
6) Stay ahead of the competition by staying up to date with trends. The sports industry is constantly evolving, so it’s important that you keep track for all latest changes and innovations in order attract customers like never before!
By following these tips, you will have a leg up as you try to create a successful sports brand that will thrive in today’s competitive market.